The Filing Activity Notification System (FANS) is designed to offer individuals the ability to receive a notification when certain real estate and personal property records are filed with, indexed, and data is transmitted by Clerks of Superior Court throughout the state of Georgia.
Individuals may opt-in to this voluntary system designed to send an electronic notification of the filing of a document in select official county records when document index data entered and transmitted to the Georgia Superior Court Clerks’ Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA) by the Clerk matches the notification criteria set. All notifications will only be forward-looking and generated for documents filed and index data received after the date the user creates a notification request.
All user notifications generated by the system are entirely dependent upon index data entered and transmitted by the Clerk of Superior Court in the county of filing. As a result, any notices generated by this system are not guaranteed by the GSCCCA to be comprehensive, accurate, complete, or current. The user of the system acknowledges these conditions, as well as additional conditions and restrictions related to the type of notifications the user may define, and these general terms and conditions of this website.
By requesting any notifications, I acknowledge and agree that:
- I will only use this system to establish requests for notifications related to property I own or on behalf of an individual who has authorized me to request notifications.
- I will not use this system to create notifications for research, fraud, harassment, stalking, or commercial purposes.
- All notifications generated by the system are entirely dependent upon index data entered and transmitted by the Clerk of Superior Court in the county of filing and imported into the system, data entered by Transfer Tax (PT-61) declarants, or as entered by preparers of Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) instruments, as applicable. The timing of document data imports into the system varies by county. As a result, any notices generated by this system are not guaranteed by the GSCCCA to be either comprehensive, accurate, complete, or current.
- Some, or many, documents may be filed that may have a reference or references relevant to my requests or property where such relevant reference data is not indexed and transmitted by the Clerks of Superior Court. I will not receive any notifications in such instances.
- No notifications will be generated until I create at least one name notification request. Registration alone will not generate any notification.
- I am solely responsible for the notification request criteria settings that I enter which are used by the system to generate notifications.
- Each notification type has limitations and conditions unique to the notification type.
- Notifications will only be generated for applicable documents filed with a Clerk of Superior Court following the date I create the notification request. No notifications will be generated for any documents filed prior to such date.
- Any notification request I create will expire after one year and will no longer generate notifications unless I renew the notification requests by periodically logging into the system.
- I will create only a single account using a single email address and/or phone number for the purpose of receiving applicable notifications.
- Name-based notifications will only be generated for the names of the parties to an applicable document as indexed and transmitted to the GSCCCA or entered by state Transfer Tax (PT-61) declarants. Names that may appear in documents in other contexts are not indexed by the clerk. There are many such names. No notifications will be generated for those names.
- Notifications will only be generated for human names.
- With regard to Real Estate, Lien, and Plat documents, names are indexed by the Clerk of Superior Court following certain standards. Those standards may be found here: https://www.gsccca.org/docs/deed-lien-plat-documents/gsccca_indexing_standards.pdf?sfvrsn=c9b04528_4
- Names found on Transfer Tax (PT-61) declaration forms are prepared by the tax declarant and not indexed by Clerks of Superior Court or the GSCCCA. Such names appear in the database as presented by the filer.
- Names found on Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) documents are as prepared by the filer of the document and not indexed by Clerks of Superior Court. Such names appear in the database as presented by the filer.
- An address notification will be generated when an address in either filed Transfer Tax (PT-61) declaration data or Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) data matches the address criteria I specify.
- Transfer Tax (PT-61) declaration addresses are only created for a small subset of all the document types that may be filed. Address notifications are thus not universal and will be limited to only filings where Transfer Tax (PT-61) declarations are required and filed.
- Transfer Tax (PT-61) declaration addresses are created by the preparer of the Transfer Tax (PT-61) declaration form and are not entered by the Clerk of Superior Court or the GSCCCA. The declaration addresses are not reviewed for validity or accuracy.
- Post office box addresses are not eligible for notifications.
- Document notifications will be generated if a filed document has an indexed reference that matches the request criteria.
- Document notifications will only be generated for Real Estate, Lien, and Plat requests when the book and page reference found in an applicable document has been indexed by the Clerk of Superior Court and transmitted to the GSCCCA. Document notifications are thus not universal and will be limited. Many, if not most, book and page references found in filed documents are not indexed by the Clerk. No notifications will be generated for those references.
- Document notifications will only be generated for Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) requests when the file number in an applicable document has been indexed.
- Users are limited to a cumulative total number of requests as determined by the GSCCCA, which may review and revise the notification policy from time-to-time without notices other than posting on its site.
Text Messaging Service
By opting in to or using a GSCCCA “Text Message Service” (term defined below), you accept these Terms & Conditions:
Message and data rates may apply. Unless otherwise noted, Text Message Services send multiple, recurring messages. GSCCCA may terminate any Text Message Service or participation in it at any time, with or without notice, and these Terms & Conditions still will apply. For text messaging services operated by the GSCCCA, I can get help by replying HELP, and I can unsubscribe by replying STOP. The request to unsubscribe may generate either a confirmation text or a text request to clarify the Text Message Service to which it applies (if you have more than one).
Text Message Services used by GSCCCA are supported on all U.S. carriers. Please note, however, that the supporting mobile carriers may change without notice, and the particular Text Message Service you join, including those operated through a different number, may be limited to specific carriers. GSCCCA and the mobile carriers (for example, T-Mobile) are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- “Text Message Service” includes any arrangement or situation in which GSCCCA sends (or indicates that it may send or receives a request that it send) one or more text messages.
- “GSCCCA” means Georgia Superior Court Clerks’ Cooperative Authority
Copyright Notice and Disclaimer
THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON, DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. GSCCCA SHALL BE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, WEB BROWSERS, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER AS A RESULT OF USING THIS WEBSITE.
AS A VISITOR TO OUR WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON OR USE BY YOU OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL GSCCCA NOR ANY OF ITS DATA PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF GSCCCA OR SUCH PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of the use of the website and services, users will not use the website and services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. Users may not use the website and services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any GSCCCA server, or the network(s) connected to any GSCCCA server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the website and services. Users may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the website and services. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the website, including, but not limited to, unauthorized framing of or linking to the website, or unauthorized use of any robot, spider, or other automated device on the website, will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
The information we gather is either information (for example, your name and address) that you voluntarily supply when you register or use FANS, or information gathered on usage patterns and preferences as visitors navigate the web site and/or use FANS.
Information collected by the FILING ACTIVITY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM systems will be used to positively identify parties and to facilitate notifications. This may include but is not limited to sending status notification through email and/or text and verifying account information. Information collected will be subject to disclosure as required by law.
Links to Sites Outside the Dominion and Control of GSCCCA
Links in this area will let you leave GSCCCA's site. GSCCCA does not have control of these other sites and GSCCCA is not responsible for the contents of any site outside of the GSCCCA domain or any domain contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. GSCCCA provides these links only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link is merely a convenience to the user and is not an endorsement by GSCCCA of any linked site.
Warranties Limitations and Exclusions.
GSCCCA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. USERS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES IS AT THE RISK OF THE USER AND THAT THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AS AVAILABLE. USERS BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK OF USING THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. GSCCCA EXCLUDES ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. USERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPUTER AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ARE NOT FAULT-FREE AND OCCASIONAL PERIODS OF DOWNTIME OCCUR. GSCCCA DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CONTENT LOSS WON’T OCCUR. NOR DOES GSCCCA GUARANTEE ANY CONNECTION TO OR TRANSMISSION FROM ANY APPLICABLE COMPUTER NETWORKS.
Services Available on This Website
The Services made available on this Website are the copyrighted work GSCCCA and/or its vendors. GSCCCA reserves all rights to the Website and Services which are not expressly granted to a User. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Website or Services retrieved from the Website is expressly prohibited.
All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the mediation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, experts and attorneys, and by the mediator or employees of any mediation service, are inadmissible for any purpose (including but not limited to impeachment) in any litigation or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the mediation. Inadmissibility notwithstanding, all written documents shall nevertheless be subject to the Georgia Open Records Act O.C.G.A. Section 50-18-70 et seq.
Should the parties be unable to reach a resolution, each party retains any and all remedies available to it, including but not limited to, commencement of a civil action subject to the defenses of the other party.
Copyright © 2023 Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority, 1875 Century Boulevard, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30345. For more information contact Mike Smith, Director, GSCCCA Communications at (404) 327-9058 or by email at Mike.Smith@gsccca.org. Any and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved in their entirety. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any questions or problems with this site.